Putting your curtains in the right place can make a big difference in making your space look amazing. If you want to make your room look taller or show off your pretty curtains, hanging them at the right height is important. This blog post by Window Curtains Dubai will show you some important ways to determine the right height for hanging curtains. Let’s begin by grabbing a measuring tape to improve your home Decor!
Start With Measuring Curtain Length
While Curtain fixing, getting the right length is important so they look nice and professional. Here are some easy steps to help you measure for curtain length:
- Measure your window’s height and set your curtain height accordingly. This will assist you in choosing curtain length.
- Consider your curtain kind. If you want a fancier appearance, long curtains that reach the floor and touch or slightly gather on the ground can make things look very classy. If you want a more relaxed feel, use shorter curtains hanging slightly below or above the windowsill.
- Consider any hardware or decorations that might impact the length of the curtains. If you have a valance or cornice board above your window, remember to include them when taking measurements.
- Remember to wear your clothes! It’s a good idea to get longer curtains and have them shortened by a professional if needed instead of getting too short curtains.
Finding the Right Height for Your Curtain Rod
- Curtain rod height is an important thing. It will make your place appear more professional and beautiful. Use these simple techniques to do it right:
- Measure your window height before hanging curtains. This ensures the appropriate curtain length when hung.
- When deciding where to put the curtain rod, consider how tall your windows are. If you have tall windows, you can make them look even taller and fancier by hanging the curtains closer to the ceiling.
- Start from the bottom and measure up. Measure the floor-to-ceiling distance using tape. This measurement will help you locate the right curtain rod height.
- Remember that curtains should ideally touch or slightly bunch up on the floor for a fancy look. Add more inches to your measurements to make your fabric pool at the bottom.
- If you have crown molding, put your curtain rod below it to make your space look nice.
- It’s okay to try out different heights until you find the one that looks the best for your window and room.
DIY Tips for Hanging Curtains at the Right Height
Remember a few helpful tips when hanging curtains at the right height. Here are some tips to make your windows look and work great at your home:
- To make your ceilings look taller, hang your curtains close to the ceiling instead of just above the window. This trick can make any room feel bigger and fancier.
- Select whether your curtains should touch the floor or form a pile. The choice relies on your preferences and methods.
- If you have furniture near your windows, consider how high it is compared to the curtain rod. You don’t want your furniture items to tangle with your curtains as you open or shut them.
- Find the ideal height for each window and in case of choosing the correct height and color contrast you can ask someone to hold the curtain with a rod and check the height and contrast by standing and observing this sample curtain hanging from the distance.
If you want your curtains to look nice and stylish, follow these tips to hang them at the perfect height!
Mistakes Which Should Be Avoided During Hanging Curtains
Hang curtains carefully to prevent errors that interfere with its appearance and function. Remember these key points before hanging the curtain at the correct height:
- People typically choose curtains too short or lengthy for their windows. For a luxury look, measure precisely and select drapes that touch the floor.
- Putting the curtain rod too low keeps your curtain away from your windows.
- Curtains need enough fabric to seem completely closed. This keeps things hidden outside the window. For a sophisticated drape, use ample fabric and large panels.
- Ensure both sides of your window have the same number of curtain panels or drapes to look balanced. Curtains that are not hung evenly can make a room feel unbalanced.
- When installing curtain rods, use strong brackets and the right screws to avoid sagging or damage in the future. Also, ensure you have selected hardware that goes well with your décor style without noticeable differences.
Correct Height for 5 Curtain Types
There are several curtain styles for your house. Each curtain has a function and is suitable for various rooms. Some examples:
Sheer curtains are made of lightweight fabric that allows light to pass through. This helps it look good and work well. Here are some curtains that people like and where they should go:
These light curtains give you privacy while letting sunlight in. Place them near the ceiling or slightly above the window frame to create a stylish and open feel.
You should get blackout curtains if you want your bedroom or media room completely dark. Put them near the ceiling and make them go past the window frame on both sides to stop any light you don’t want.
Choose curtains that reach the floor and gather a little on the ground to create a fancy and dramatic look. Put them up high above the window frame to make it look like the ceiling is taller, and your space seems bigger.
These are short curtains that cover only part of the window. They give you privacy but still let in lots of sunlight. To create a cosy cafe-inspired look, hang your curtains at eye level or slightly below the middle of your window.
In the End
When deciding how long your curtains should be, consider what you like and how your room looks. Some people hang their curtains just above the floor because cleaning and caring for them is easier. Others like the way it looks when the curtains pool on the floor for a more dramatic effect. It’s a matter of your choice and taste, we hope that you understand very well from the above topic about how high your curtain should so start hanging curtains.